nordic marketing manager
alexion is a us based global biopharmaceutical company established in 1992 that combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening and often ultra-rare diseases. Alexion scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of proteins that play an important role in the body’s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. As a result soliris® (eculizumab), a first-in-class terminal complement inhibitor for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (pnh) was discovered and developed. Soliris is also approved for the treatment of patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (ahus), an ultra-rare, life-threatening, genetic disease that can progressively damage vital organs, leading to stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and death. Alexion is now working urgently to investigate soliris and additional biopharmaceuticals as treatments for patientswith other rare and severe disease. Soliris in pnh and ahus is successfully marketed as an ultra-orphan drug through own subsidiaries in more than 40 markets across the world. Alexion has annual sales of 1,1 bill. Usd and approx. 1450 employees worldwide.
Alexions nordic subsidiary is responsible for managing and growing current and future product emanating from the alexion pipeline of new and innovative products for the treatment of rare and life threatening diseases. The marketing manager will drive and coordinate the marketing activities in the nordic region. You will contribute to the development and lead the implementation of the regional marketing plan across all therapeutic areas. In this role you will provide marketing vision as well as customer segmentation strategy in close collaboration with the nordic sales management. The role requires substantial travelling.
alexion is a successful and fast growing company with a very exciting product pipeline in different stages of development which will secure continued strong growth and create interesting development opportunities. The nordic marketing manager position is newly established which gives you the opportunity to impact on structure and working methods based on your previous marketing experience. You will create impact and make a difference for patients with severe and often untreated serious and life threatening conditions.
• more than10 years experience from the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
• 2-3 years product management experience from the nordic region
• own solid field sales experience, preferably in high innovation hospital products
• experience from working in an international and multi-cultural environment
• solid understanding of the nordic pharmaceutical market
• academic degree, preferably in marketing/economy or life science
• fluent swedish and english
• business- and sales oriented
• excellent interpersonal skills and track record as a team player and project leader who gets results
• flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
• strong communication skills, verbally and in writing
• multi cultural mindset
• strong organizational skills
For more information, please contact arne nordström at k2 search ab. Phone 070-69 89 200. Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Bredden i våra Executive Search-projekt innebär kunskap och förståelse för många branscher och funktioner – deras ömsesidiga beroende, likheter och olikheter. Läs mer