nordic pharmaceutical affairs manager
alexion is a us based global biopharmaceutical company established in 1992 that combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening and often ultra-rare diseases. Alexion scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of proteins that play an important role in the body’s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. As a result soliris® (eculizumab), a first-in-class terminal complement inhibitor for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (pnh) was discovered and developed. Soliris is also approved for the treatment of patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (ahus), an ultra-rare, life-threatening, genetic disease that can progressively damage vital organs, leading to stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and death. Soliris is successfully marketed through own subsidiaries in more than 40 markets across the world. Alexion is working urgently to investigate soliris and additional biopharmaceuticals as treatments for patients with other rare and severe diseases. In addition to the eculizumab development programs, alexion is increasing its focus on the development of four new and unique drug candidates. Alexion has annual sales of 1,1 bill. Usd and approx. 1450 employees worldwide.
Alexion is a fast growing company in the nordic, baltics poland region with head quarters in central stockholm. In order to manage and grow its presence in the region, the pharmaceutical affairs manager has a key role in managing all aspects of regulatory affairs for soliris and future products in the product pipeline.
joining alexion will give you the opportunity to create impact and make a difference for patients with severe and often untreated serious conditions. Beyond soliris, alexion has a solid product pipeline which will support the further growth of the company and create interesting career opportunities. In your role you will assume full responsibility for regulatory compliance of all activities carried out for the commercialization in the nordic countries, in line with regulations, procedures and standards. You will act as the official link with local regulatory authorities in the nordic, baltics and poland. This role is based at the alexion nordic headquarters in central stockholm.
• minimum five years experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry including solid and up to date knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations in the nordic countries
• experience in launching new products in a high price segment, preferably in an orphan drug context
• understanding of price negotiation and reimbursement system is a plus
• pharmacovigilance overview is a plus
• fluent in english both spoken and written
• m.sc. Pharm.
• highly results driven attitude
• interpersonal skills with ability to work with others as well as independently
• strong communication skills, verbally and in writing
• structured and well organized
• excellent implementation and time management skills
• professional and mature approach with proactive and positive can do attitude
For more information, please contact arne nordström at k2 search ab. Phone 070-69 89 200. Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.
K2 Search samlar Sveriges främsta rekryterare, researchers och koordinatorer i Stockholm, Malmö, Göteborg, Köpenhamn och Helsingfors med ett enda syfte – att med executive search hjälpa dig stärka din affär och göra din organisation ännu starkare. Läs mer