regional account manager, southern sweden
alexion is a us based global biopharmaceutical company established in 1992 that combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening and often ultra-rare diseases. Alexion scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of proteins that play an important role in the body’s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. As a result soliris® (eculizumab), a first-in-class terminal complement inhibitor for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (pnh) was discovered and developed. Alexion is now working urgently to investigate soliris and additional biopharmaceuticals as treatments for patients with other rare and severe diseases, including cancer. Soliris in pnh is successfully marketed as an ultra-orphan drug in 38 markets across the world. Alexion has annual sales of 900 mill. Usd and approx.1200 employees worldwide.
Alexions nordic subsidiary is responsible for managing and growing current and future product emanating from the alexion pipeline of new and innovative products for the treatment of rare and life threatening diseases. The regional account manager has a key role in managing the promotion and sales of the alexion product portfolio in the southern part of sweden. You will manage key accounts and develop excellent key customer relationships within a defined promotional budget, whilst maintaining high ethical standards at all times. The role is field based and requires substantial travelling. You will report to the sales operations manager nordic countries.
joining alexion will give you the opportunity to create impact and make a difference for patients with severe and often untreated serious conditions. Alexion has a very exciting product pipeline in different stages of development which will secure a continued strong growth and create interesting development opportunities.
• proven track record of sales success in a secondary care setting
• hematology, oncology, nephrology or niche therapeutic area experience
• experience of high value, low volume products advantageous
• experience from working in an international, fast growing and multi-cultural environment
• academic degree, preferably in life sciences or a qualified health care professional
• fluent swedish and english
• results driven attitude
• networking and customer relationship development skills
• ability to recognize business opportunities and act swiftly
• implementation and time management skills
• communication and presentation skills
• ability to assimilate complex scientific information
• business planning skills
• professional and mature approach with proactive and positive attitude
• self-starter but able to seek additional resources when required
For more information, please contact arne nordström at k2 search ab. Phone 070-69 89 200. Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.