Alexion is a us based global biopharmaceutical company established in 1992 that combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening and often ultra-rare diseases. Alexion scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of proteins that play an important role in the body””””s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. As a result soliris® (eculizumab), a first-in-class terminal complement inhibitor for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (pnh) was discovered and developed. Alexion is now working urgently to investigate soliris and additional biopharmaceuticals as treatments for patients with other rare and severe diseases, including cancer. Soliris in pnh is successfully marketed as an ultra-orphan drug in 35 markets across the world. Alexion has annual sales of 540 mill. Usd and approx.
joining alexion at this early stage of development in the nordic region will give you the opportunity to create impact and make a difference for patients with severe and often untreated serious conditions. In your role you will manage the flow of information between the region and the european headquarters in switzerland. You will be responsible for the pharmacovigilance and to maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of local pharmaceutical regulation in support to the european regulatory affairs team. Furthermore you will be the scientific expert internally as well as towards the medical community. One of your key roles will be to identify and develop key opinion leader support. Among your internal responsibilities will be to provide training and education, review and approve presentation materials for scientific meetings etc.
• medical degree
• minimum 5-8 years experience from relevant position in the pharma or biotech industry
• background in haematology/oncology/immunology or in orphan diseases preferred
• demonstrates ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature
• excellent written and verbal communication skills in english and minimum one nordic language
• good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
• excellent problem solving, organisational and negotiation skills
• strong team player
• ability to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams
• energetic and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• adaptability to a multicultural environment
• ability to cope with high pressure and stress
• good sense of ethics and responsibility
For more information, please contact arne nordström at k2 search ab. Phone 070-69 89 200. Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.