Tunstall is the world’s leading provider of telehealthcare solutions, based in UK, operating in over 50 countries and supporting more than 3.6 million people worldwide. We develop and deliver a range of connected care and connected health products and services, enabling efficient and safe care of elderly, disabled and chronically ill patients. We have ca 3000 employees worldwide. Tunstall Northern Europe – UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland – has around 800 employees, and a turnover of ca 1,4 mdkr. The Nordic Head Office is located in Malmö. Visit www.tunstallnordic.com for more information.
We are now strengthening our development organization by recruiting a CTO to the Nordic Head Office in Malmö. The CTO will be responsible for driving the development of the “Assisted Living” product and services portfolio in our defined “Connected Care” segment, through clear understanding of customer needs and transformation of these into business propositions.
The position will require direct leadership of the development departments in Northern Europe, effectively meaning 30 employees located in Sweden, Denmark, and UK. The position will report directly to CEO Northern Europe.
To transform business opportunities, propositions & technologies, into Products, Services and Solution Offers (PSSO) for the “Connected Care” segment, including carephones and systems such as Communicall ViIP, Carecom/Accent, Bluetooth triggers, Carelock, and TES.
• To set the global development roadmap within the “Assisted Living” segment, follow up and report on progress.
• Plan for, allocate and coordinate internal and external development resources, organizing resources managing employees. You will also be given the opportunity to organize and strengthen the organization further, and contribute in the journey and portfolio transformation towards a more software driven platform.
• Manage, develop and maintain strong relationships, communication and collaboration with internal departments such as Sales and Marketing, Projects, Installation, Service and Support.
• Ensure Process control and Agile development processes through coordination with Scrum Masters.
• Ensure efficient processes for Testing, Verification and Quality Assurance processes.
• Enable clarity through efficient internal and external communication covering product releases, version and feature updates, documentation, manuals etc.
• Manage Releases and Deployment within the PSSO.
• Administrative functions, Budgeting, Reporting, etc.
• A Master’s degree or the academic equivalent in subjects such as computer science, software/hardware engineering, IT or related subjects.
• Overall understanding of software, digital, IP, Telecom technology.
• Understanding of development tools and production environments, best practice, new technologies.
• Proven track record of leading successful teams using strong leadership skills and a business oriented approach.
• Several years of experience working as a program, team- or project manager within development.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate, influence and negotiate at a project or executive level, in both English and Swedish (written and spoken).
• Ability to travel frequently to UK & Denmark.
• As a person you are driven, self-sufficient and great at motivating your team. You are also open, honest, authentic and non-prestigious. You enjoy leading in a fast-changing environment, you are great at negotiating with different stakeholders, you are flexible in your communication style, and you have a pro-active mindset.
• Leading distributed development teams in an international environment.
• Knowledge within the public elderly care sector.
• Experience from Connectivity: IP, Bluetooth, Radio, Telecom, Internet-of-things, hosted products and services.
• Experience from Agile development.
• Experience from working as a software/hardware developer in a product organization, embedded systems.
• Experience from product development with strong focus on customer experience.
Tunstall works with K2 Search in this assignment. Please apply on K2 Search webpage: www.k2search.se
For more information about this role please contact Research consultant Ken Ahl at K2 Search +46 (0) 735 40 52 80.