Volvo Cars develops, manufactures and sells premium cars, and has a proven track record for innovation and safety. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Volvo began making cars in 1927. Volvo Cars formed part of the Volvo Group until 1999, when it was bought by the Ford Motor Company. In 2010, it was acquired by Zhejiang Geely Holding (Geely Holding) of China. At Volvo Cars Human Resources, you are part of a global team with the task to make Volvo Cars the employer of choice. You and your team handle the most precious resource for the success of the company – our employees. Our mission is to attract, recruit, develop, engage and retain the people that build the future for Volvo Cars. Are you passionate about people and want to reach your personal goals together with other people? Human Resources is the place for you to prosper. The VOLVO CARS HR Center of Expertise has the responsibility to enable the most efficient and effective people solutions; based on business needs and driving business performance. The mission is to secure people processes with quality, professional standards, coherence and governance throughout Volvo Cars globally.
We are now looking for a Senior Expert in Competence Management to build the knowledge, skills, experiences and behaviours needed to realize the current and future business success of Volvo Cars. As the Senior Expert in Competence Management you are a member of the HR Center of Expertise team and have the corporate responsibility for developing and securing implementation of global strategies, processes, methods and tools within the area of competence management. You will also be responsible to include interfaces and dependencies to other parts of the HR value stream, securing a well-integrated total HR delivery.
• Own, develop and secure implementation of global competence management strategies, processes, methods and tools
• Ensure that Volvo Cars proactively meets future strategic competence needs and effectively closes identified gaps
• Develop Volvo Cars as a learning organization across all levels of the company
• Lead global competence management networks and support the organization with expert knowledge
• Own and develop the right competence solutions in close cooperation with Volvo Car Academy
• Govern, optimize and follow up competence management efficiency and effectiveness
We can offer you an attractive and inspirational working environment that supports your growth and provides you with stimulating challenges. The position offers an opportunity to be a part of an innovative HR organisation within a global automotive company that has safety, quality and care for the environment as its guiding principles. You will be stationed at Volvo Cars’ headquarters in Torslanda and report to the Director of People and Organisational Development.
• University degree in Human Resources, or equivalent
• Expert knowledge and extensive experience from working with competence management and related HR processes in a global environment
• Ability to translate business needs into strategies, processes, methods and tools
• Strong business understanding and ability to drive business performance through your area of responsibility
• Experience in leading processes effectively in a global environment
• Fluent in English, oral and written
• High integrity and professionalism
• Strategic and analytical thinking
• Business and performance driven
• Strong communication and cooperation skills
• Structured, well planned and self-going
• Optimistic, passionate and engaged
In this recruitment we are cooperating with K2 Search AB. For further information about the role please contact Helen Tånghed Gunnarsson, tel. 0760-00 18 15 or Maria Lidgren tel. 0735 – 32 09 49. All applications and contacts remain confidential. Please submit your application in English on www.k2search.se as soon as possible.Executive Search se.