You are an outstanding leader, who is able to actively inspire, mentor and motivate those around you. You are a natural seeker of collaboration. You are both influential and a thought leader who can push boundaries and present new concepts with diplomacy and tact.
Hiab is the world’s leading provider of on-road load handling equipment, intelligent services and digitally connected solutions.
Hiab’s offering encompasses class-leading load-handling equipment, including hiab loader cranes, loglift and jonsered forestry and recycling cranes, moffett truck mounted forklifts, multilift demountables, and tail lifts under the zepro, del, and waltco brands. Hiab’s procaretm service, award-winning hivisiontm crane control system, and hiconnecttm platform demonstrate our constant drive to provide intelligent services and connected solutions that add value to our customers. www.hiab.com
hiab is part of cargotec corporation. Cargotec’s (nasdaq helsinki: cgcbv) sales in 2016 totalled approximately eur 3.5 billion, and it employs over 11,000 people.
Tail lift is a global business line within hiab with its own p/l, covering the whole value chain from r&d and production to global marketing and sales. Tail lifts are sold globally under the three brands del, waltco and zepro with lifting capacity between 750 kg to 4 tonnes, representing an annual turnover of approx. 200 mill. Usd.
Key responsibilities and critical success factors
The main responsibilities are to manage the decided modular product developments for serial production. Production site and local engineers are located in bispgården/se, witney/uk and tallmadge/us. Key is to develop high quality products with the right-cost, quality and ensure availability of all other r&d deliverables such as specifications, manuals, verification standards etc..
• main technical areas are mech design, hydraulics and some control system/human machine interface.
• maintain a strict modular governance with a new product portfolio, that is established 2018.
• provide global coordination in between r&d representatives and drive further development of a customer focused offering that meets product life time requirements in combination with our connectivity strategy
• ensure and develop an efficient information exchange with local productlifecare engineers at each production site.
• continously develop the r&d process and tools; for example – cad, pdm, fem for a global and growing footprint.
• theoretical and practical quality ensurance, including a testing lab (fmea’s, design reviews, faulttree analyses, systematic testing etc)ull control of r&d’s impact on the overall product cost
• build up a new r&d team
• responsible for r&d cooperation with suppliers to optimize solutions
Required skills and qualifications
You have good communication, cooperation and coordination skills and enjoy working in an international environment. You have experience of managing r&d departments for serial production, preferable in a modular product portfolio. You need to have experience from collaboration between several distributed r&d departments. You have a personal technical interest to ensure solid coaching of engineers.
The position will require travelling.
Knowledge and experience
• m. Sc.