Alexion is a us based global biopharmaceutical company established in 1992 that combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening and often ultra-rare diseases. Alexion scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of proteins that play an important role in the body””””””””””””””””s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. As a result soliris® (eculizumab), a first-in-class terminal complement inhibitor for patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (pnh) was discovered and developed. Alexion is now working urgently to investigate soliris and additional biopharmaceuticals as treatments for patients with other rare and severe diseases, including cancer. Soliris in pnh is successfully marketed as an ultra-orphan drug in 35 markets across the world. Alexion has annual sales of 780 mill. Usd and approx. 900 employees worldwide.
joining alexion will give you the opportunity to create impact and make a difference for patients with severe and often untreated serious conditions. Being part of this fast growing and entrepreneurial company you will have interesting career opportunities in the future. Beyond soliris, alexion has a solid product development pipeline with focus on haematology, nephrology and transplantation. In your role you will lead and support a small and dedicated team of highly professional regional account managers and assume full responsibility for all sales related activities in the region. This role is primarily home office based with substantial travel requirements. You should ideally live within reasonable commuting distance to the stockholm or copenhagen airport.
• relevant experience within the hospital pharmaceutical market
• successful experience in managing hospital teams
• haematology/nephrology experience, ideally with ultra orphan drugs or similar
• market entry or product launch experience
• experience from working with access to funding
• academic degree
• leadership capability to coach, train and manage people
• tenacious and results oriented
• persuasion, influencing & negotiation skills
• team player but able to work independently
• written and oral communication skills
• analytical skills
For more information, please contact arne nordström at k2 search ab. Phone 070-69 89 200. Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.