The International Land and Forest Tenure Facility is focused on securing land and forest rights for Indigenous Peoples and local communities. We are the first financial mechanism to exclusively fund projects working towards this goal while reducing conflict, driving development, improving global human rights, and mitigating the impacts of climate change. We provide funding at scale directly to communities and their partners; build relationships with key actors within government and the private sector, and provide the technical expertise required to implement tenure rights within existing laws and policy.
For more information – www.thetenurefacility.org
The Tenure Facility seeks a Communications Officer to support the implementation of the organisation´s communication strategy which underpins its efforts to support Indigenous Peoples and local communities in their efforts to secure their land and forest tenure.
- Contribute to establish the Tenure Facility as a highly credible and respected foundation among project partners, international development institutions and donors
- .Generate mutual trust and respect of Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, with full awareness of the intricacies of relationships among them and their allies and supporters.
- Contribute to a collaborative and resilient internal working culture for sustained progress on the Tenure Facility’s strategic goals and objectives.
In your role as a Communications Officer, you will collaborate with colleagues across the organisation to create content for internal and external audiences, support the organisation´s project partners in their communications needs and contribute to the Tenure Facility´s global positioning.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other relevant material that communicates the organisation and partner´s activities.
- Work with internal stakeholders across the organization to support a range of different projects, some of which are driven by the communications team and some of which are requested by other departments.
- Creating, collecting, and/or editing photographic and video content.
- Providing research, analysis, drafts, and other support for thought leadership pieces (such as journal articles, op-eds, white papers) produced by Tenure Facility leaders.
- Support the Tenure Facility’s visibility with local and international media outlets, including supporting possible field trips, press conferences, press calls, media interviews with senior Tenure Facility voices etc.
- Conduct and film interviews for audio visual content and podcasts.
- Support the Chief Strategic Communications and Outreach Officer in coordinating an expanding team of consultants.
- Support other communications assignments, such as social media or website management, project visits, communication training sessions and general storytelling content gathering and production.
- Support the development of guidelines, best practices and other materials/training to guide Tenure Facility staff and partners in content generation.
- Provide support with copyright and editing when required.
- The position involves in-country visits to project partners for capacity building, content production and direct support to partner organisations.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism. Other degrees are also welcome if the working experience is relevant to communications and the organsiation´s working scope.
- A Master’s degree is a field that contributes to the organsiation´s focus area.
- Proficiency in English is essential, being able to communicate professionally in French and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant experience in a communications role;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to effectively translate technical content for specific, non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of on-time and high-quality delivery of communication initiatives demonstrating excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Keen aptitude for determining and internalizing organisational goals and using them to be a proactive member of the Tenure Facility team
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and to tackle unfamiliar tasks and requests with enthusiasm and resourcefulness
- A team player, able to work with global cross-functional teams
- Independent work style, demonstrating initiative and accountability
- High energy, with the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrates high level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Ability to work in a small office with other staff members on multiple, simultaneous projects and sometimes with across different time zones
- Ability and willingness to travel
The International Land and Forest Tenure Facility (Tenure Facility) is an international financial mechanism exclusively dedicated to scaling up recognition of collective land and forest rights globally. It provides grants to implement Indigenous Peoples and local communities tenure rights under existing law and policy and shares the knowledge, innovations and tools that emerge.
Who are you?
You are a creative, dynamic, curious and talented communicator with a problem-solving and flexible attitude. You are a team player and have the ability to work under pressure. You have exceptional cultural awareness, political sensitivity, and strong people skills.
For more information, please contact our recruitment consultant Gabriella Huss at K2 Search, gabriella.huss@k2search.
Please apply for this position at the latest October 31. Both international and national candidates are more than welcome to apply.
All contacts are handled with strict confidentiality.