“Smiling consumers”, loyal to our brands, in every continent. This maxim is the basis for innovative and contemporary premium cigarillos and cigars such as DANNEMANN, MOODS and Al Capone. Our international brands stand for pleasure and quality – from the tobacco seed right through to the smoking experience.
The Burger Söhne Group (BS Group) is one of the international leaders in Cigar and Cigarillo markets as well as in innovative snus/nicotine containing products’ segment with HQ in Burg, Switzerland and approx. 1000 employees in Europe and 2500 total. Burger Söhne is represented in over 60 countries worldwide and have factories in Brazil, Germany, Honduras, Indonesia, Spain, Switzerland and Sweden. Burger Söhne Sweden AB is 100% owned by BS Group.
We are looking for an eager, pragmatic, but analytic, and flexible candidate with Marketing experience from branded consumer goods industry with strong inter-personal skills that loves challenges and is open to new ideas and who is both strategic/consumer driven and has hands-on approach. The candidate has a very positive attitude to life and a lot of energy and passion to make a difference.
The objective of the position
The International Brand Manager is responsible for Marketing development of Northern Europe countries such as Finland, Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine & Poland (except Sweden and Norway). The incumbent reports to the Area Director NEU and based in our office in Malmö, Sweden. IBM NEU cooperates with Country Managers and local importers. The objective of the position is to set lead marketing planning and execution to reach agreed targets concerning volume, turnover and distribution.
The jobholder is part of Division 2 that consist of 4 Areas – Western Europe, Northern Europe, SEMEA and Asia-Pacific with Global Travel Retail.
As an integral part of the business unit strategy, the role of the International Brand Manager is to maximise the brand potential through the development and implementation of brand marketing strategies in line with defined brand objectives and guidelines. The International Brand Manager is managing the entire marketing mix for the assigned brands for the markets involved.
The International Brand Manager is constantly searching new and innovative ways to find new smiling consumers for our brands.
- Acting as marketing sparring partner for Country Managers to identify market opportunities, to develop market strategies and to implement agreed initiatives/activities in order to achieve overall company’s market objectives
- Working closely with central marketing (Group Brand Directors) for positioning, materials and product development initiatives. Participation in international BS Group marketing meetings and projects and liaising with and learning from BS Group marketing community to find synergies from other markets
- Development and management of local brand activity plans for each market, timely execution of activities to ensure that brand objectives in respect to brand volumes are achieved
- Initiate Trade Marketing and Consumer activities, in line with brand strategy, brand guidelines and legal requirements
- Further develop and implement the Brand Identity platform for the Nicotine Containing Products and align it with Area Director NEU, Country Managers and Group Marketing
- Responsible to manage product and packaging elements for all brands. In this sense, liaise closely with the manufacturing team and external partners.
- Develop viable and channel specific In-Store Marketing tools and trade/consumer programs to maximise consumer off take (POSM, Promotions, Media, off take Programs etc.) which are in line with the brand guidelines for Nicotine Containing Products and Cigarillos.
- Execute defined marketing activities including regular attendance of sales meetings to present marketing activities.
- Regular retail POS visits in the end markets with sales representatives to ensure activities are in line with the agreed strategy and action plans.
- Development and implementation of simple, cost effective and viable market research programs. Analysis and reporting of market research data to ensure brand issues are understood and corrective action identified
- Active participation in the budget process and preparation of the Board Meetings together with Country Managers, managing of the marketing budget, forecasts and closing and defined marketing related KPI’s.
- Tight budget control; assure that assigned budgets are managed in the most efficient and the long-term sustainability of the brands. Report accruals on a quarterly basis on time.
- Regularly reviews brand performance against KPI’s set and suggest ways of improving the performance through new initiatives.
- Monthly reporting of competitors marketing activities and assures to obtain monthly key market information from the Country Managers and use these to further develop the brand
- Stock and order management of trade marketing material for each market
- Planning and implementing chain specific Key Account units and planograms together with Country Managers
Required level of education
Bachelor with Major in Marketing and Sales or equivalent or good marketing candidate without bachelor/master in marketing (but with marketing education)
- Shows passion for our brands
- Experience in brand management, trade marketing and product management for branded FMCG required
- Experience in managing multiple brands preferably for several countries
- Preferable experience in research about legal requirements, understanding and implementing them
- Experience/Know-how and interest in consumer (where legally possible) and customer-relationship projects
- Ability to establish direction and clear goals consistent with the company’s vision and strategy, keeps himself/herself focused on key priorities by setting milestones to ensure things happen as planned
- Reduces complexity and develops clear and simple plans
- Regularly reviews performance against targets and takes corrective actions
- Flexibility: frequently travelling to end markets for market visits, to support Country Managers and importers/distributors and for the implementation of specific projects
- Ability to build strong personal relationship at various levels such as Country Managers, key external people, end market organisation, central marketing and supply chain
- Is highly creative and tries out new ideas and approaches
- Has proved a hands-on and pragmatic approach
- Sees different aspects of a problem/situation and quickly adapts to those, quickly identifies and seeks advantage for the business.
- Challenges the status quo, speaks up with conviction even when this may be unpopular, leverages complementary strengths of the team by valuing different approaches, experiences, expertise
- Builds enthusiasm and drives momentum for change with passion and belief, develops effective peer working relationships within and across teams, shows high commitment to own and team development
- Demands discipline in self and others to raise standards, and deliver stretch goals and objectives and makes decisions which are in the best interest of the business before consideration of self, own function
Information & contact
Please contact K2 Search if you have any questions about this position.
Recruitment consultant Martin Edqvist +46 76 54 54 028 or Research consultant Johanna Mattsson +46 735 216 500. Apply for the position in English at www.k2search.se.
All applications are treated confidential.