Volvo Cars develops, manufactures and sells premium cars, and has a proven track record for innovation and safety. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Volvo began making cars in 1927. Volvo Cars formed part of the Volvo Group until 1999, when it was bought by the Ford Motor Company. In 2010, it was acquired by Zhejiang Geely Holding (Geely Holding) of China. At Volvo Cars Human Resources, you are part of a global team with the task to make Volvo Cars the employer of choice. You and your team handle the most precious resource for the success of the company – our employees. Our mission is to attract, recruit, develop, engage and retain the people that build the future for Volvo Cars. Are you passionate about people and want to reach your personal goals together with other people? Human Resources is the place for you to prosper. The VOLVO CARS HR Center of Expertise has the responsibility to enable the most efficient and effective people solutions; based on business needs and driving business performance. The mission is to secure people processes with quality, professional standards, coherence and governance throughout Volvo Cars globally.
We are now looking for a Career and Succession Manager to develop and secure the global talent pipeline of high potentials and future leaders within Volvo Cars. As the Career and Succession Manager you are a member of the HR Center of Expertise team and have the responsibility for developing and securing implementation of global strategies, processes, methods and tools within the area of career and succession management at Volvo Cars.
• Develop and secure implementation of global career and succession management strategies, processes, methods and tools
• Manage, align and coordinate succession on top management positions
• Develop and align People Forums
• Visualize and communicate career paths and opportunities
• Develop and drive implementation of talent pipeline activities, such as career/cross functional programs and job rotations
• Ensure that Volvo Cars proactively meets future needs within the area of career and succession management and effectively closes identified gaps
We can offer you an attractive and inspirational working environment that supports your growth and provides you with stimulating challenges. The position offers an opportunity to be a part of an innovative HR organisation within a global automotive company that has safety, quality and care for the environment as its guiding principles. You will be stationed at Volvo Cars’ headquarters in Torslanda and report to the Director of People and Organisational Development.
• University degree in Human Resources, or equivalent
• Expert knowledge and extensive experience from career and succession management and related HR processes
• Line manager or HR manager experience is meriting
• Ability to translate business needs into processes, methods and tools
• Experience in executing global processes and working in a global team
• Fluent in English, oral and written
• High integrity and professionalism
• Strategic and analytical thinking
• Business and performance driven
• Strong communication and cooperation skills
• Passionate about developing people and broad understanding of people processes
• Structured, well planned and self-going
• Optimistic, passionate and engaged
In this recruitment we are cooperating with K2 Search. For further information about the role please contact Helen Tånghed Gunnarsson, tel. 0760-00 18 15 or Bengt Olander 0760- 00 18 05. All applications and contacts remain confidential. Please submit your application in English on www.k2search.se , selection is ongoingExecutive Search se.